Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Close Call

About a month ago Fadre got the bright idea that we could save some money on haircuts.  He and Zman were ready to switch to clipper cuts and he was sure I was more than capable.

Um, I can’t cut paper in a straight line, let alone hair.  So we did our homework.  And by homework, I mean we turned to YouTube.  Oh there are instructional videos on there galore!  Of course, there were several “oops” videos, which made Zman feel a little nervous.  Fadre was first.  No pictures for my benefit – you know, just in case it didn’t turn out.  But we survived and it looked pretty good (my unbiased opinion).

I was feeling more confident by Zman’s turn, so his best bud C played photographer.

015

Before.  See the need for the haircut?  It is so unruly!

016

Do you just want a little taken off the top?

021

Frankly, I thought it would be easier than it was.  A buzz, buzz here, a buzz, buzz there, here a buzz, there a buzz, everywhere a buzz, buzz.    But I was plagued by a curl here, a cowlick there, and by the time he was done, I was tired.

022

But this.  This is so much better than this.

015

3 comments:

  1. You are WAY more brave than I will ever be with a set of hair clippers. I tried (several times)to shave our dog for the summer and save that $70. Forget it! Mark even tried and when she escaped out into the front yard--all the neighbors thought that she was a stray that had wandered up. She looked NOTHING like herself, to say the very least. Talk about embarrassing! I gave the clipper set to our neighbors who were accustomed to clipping their own pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! I tried to cut my Other Halfs hair once, I had sweaty clammy hands by the end of it and never again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That turned out wonderful! I was waiting for the punch line, but you ended up with a pretty happy looking customer :)

    I'm afraid I ruined our kid... our 2-year old experienced BLUE hair paint for the first time last week. And it was actually my idea. Bad Mommy!

    Really loved getting into your posts!

    ReplyDelete