Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dinner at Nana’s

For as long as I can remember, our birthday tradition has been to either go out to dinner to celebrate, or have Nana cook your favorite dinner.  For years my birthday dinner request was stir fry.  But eventually I learned to make it myself and I don’t want to be wasting my birthday dinner on a meal I can cook.  My new favorite is a Weight Watchers chicken dish that probably doesn’t conform to Weight Watchers rules any more because it contains full fat cheese and other goodies.  My best description is chicken stuffed with sautéed celery and carrots.  Then the chicken is smothered in tomato sauce, covered in mozzarella cheese and served over rice.   It is incredible!!  But it takes a lot of work.  Something about beating the chicken ‘til it’s really thin and using a cuisinart (which I do not own).  So I just wait until my birthday, or if my mom ever asks for dinner suggestions. 

021309 003

This year my youngest sister came back from college for the weekend to help celebrate.

021309 001

Sidebar – her knee is healing up nicely…

021309 002

The kids were not that into the chicken dish, so mom fixed them pizza.  And somebody ate Easy Mac, yuck!

021309 004

C and Bug watched a little TV. 

021309 006

Bean and Almost Mine played a few video games.

021309 007

And then Bean….

021309 008

I don’t know what she’s doing.  Don’t ask.

Thanks for a great birthday dinner Nana!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment