Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who says public education isn’t good?

At the dinner table last night Bean was talking and used “in a moment or two” during her conversation.  At that point Fadre stopped, looked at me, and said, “What 8 year old kid uses the word ‘moment’?”  At which point Bean replied, “I find that offensive.”

Since when do 3rd graders use these types of phrases?  When I was in the 3rd grade my focus was to stay away from boys with cooties.  I was not the least bit concerned about about my grammar.

Bug and Bean were none too thrilled about their public education this morning when I realized that they were still asleep at 7:27 this morning and that they had to be at the bus stop by 7:32.  Clean teeth are overrated anyway….

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's amazing what all our children learn while attending public school. Why, it may actually be equal to or greater than what kids learn in private schools.

    I love her quip to Fadre about finding his comment offensive.

    ReplyDelete